Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Site Assignment

One of the most closely-kept secrets during training is WHERE we will all end up going. For me, it was less of a mystery, because the language I am learning is only spoken in one region of Namibia. For others, today was more of an unveiling.

Nothing important in PST is simply told to you (not as fun), and today was no different. Our trainers laid out a map of Namibia using string, and we were blindfolded. Each of our sites had an envelope with relevant information about it placed at the relative location of our sites on the string map that had been laid out. To musical accompaniment, we were blindly led to our sites where we waited until everyone had been guided. When I opened my eyes and looked down, I found everything I had been waiting for.




No comments:

Post a Comment